If you are new to stock market and investment banking, then you might not have heard about trading network sites like Zerodha. To be precise, Zerodha is India’s biggest online stock trading platform with more than millions of customers who can invest not just in stocks but can invest in bonds, mutual funds, derivatives, IPOs and many more options as well.
I can understand you might be confused. What is Zerodha Kite then right?
To simply answer the question, Zerodha is the parent company that manages online stock market trading for its customers who can register on its platform for a membership fee and invest as they like.
But Zerodha Kite means their online interface for users to invest and look at the online stock marketplace itself. Zerodha has built an online interface that users can use to look at the market data, and understand how stocks for different companies are performing with intuitive graphics, UI, and charts to compare and make bids as per your decisions.
Similar to Kite, Zerodha has also developed Console and Coin which are respective dashboards that can be accessed for account-level info and investments in cryptocurrency coins respectively.
Follow the below steps to learn more about how you can create your Zerodha Kite account and do more than investing.
How to Create Zerodha Kite Account
Before you start investing in the stock market, you will need to create a trading account which is different from a demat account. This is where Zerodha comes in, as they allow you to create a trading account on their platform for INR 300 only.
- Open the Zerodha sign up page from zerodha.com/open-account
- Start by entering your mobile number, click on continue and enter the OTP received to confirm and continue
- Enter your PAN card number, along with date of birth then click on continue
- Make the payment for 300 (200 for equity and 100 for commodity) either using UPI, net banking, card or any other online source
- Connection to DigiLocker: You now be asked to connect with DigiLocker and will need to complete your Aadhaar verification.
- This will include entering your Aadhaar number and confirming it.
- Family Details & Background: Enter basic information about your family and your background information
- Bank Account Link: Enter your bank account details to both invest in stocks and receive the profit from stocks.
- Webcam Verification
- Complete the webcam verification (IPV) by holding the OTP number they ask for on the screen.
- Upload the below documents on this page as asked below.
- Copy of canceled cheque or statement
- Income proof (optional)
- eSign Equity
- In this page, click on eSign Equity button
- Then you will need to login with either gmail or with email to review
- The documents that will popup after logging in. once reviewed click on Sign Now button
- Finally NSDL will send an OTP, once you enter it you will return back to the previous page.
- eSign Commodity
- In this page, click on eSign Commodity button and login again
- Once you review the document, click on Sign Now button
- NSDL will open a window and enter the OTP received her and click on submit button to continue
- Finally you have now completed the full account creation process of Zerodha account .
How to Login to Zerodha Kite – Sign In Process
If you have already created your Zerodha account with all the KYC details, then you can now go ahead and login to the Kite Zerodha platform where you can start with your investments.
- Open the Kite Zerodha login page from here https://kite.zerodha.com/
- Enter your User ID and password, then click on Login button
- You will need to enter OTP to continue and once done you will be logged into your account!
Forgot Zerodha Kite Password – User Rest Guide
Being a stock marketer you can sometimes forget your user id or password as well right? But that is nothing to worry about because you can simply reset your Zerodha kite password by following the below steps.
- Open the Kite Zerodha official login page from here https://kite.zerodha.com/
- Then click on Forgot User ID or password button, select either I remember my user or I forgot my user id
- Enter the details, click on receive email and fill the captcha to retrieve either your user id or password.
How to Get Zerodha Kite App for Android & iOS
Yes, the Zerodha Kite app can be downloaded for both Android and IOS devices as well. You can use either the below names to search on respective stores or click on the links below to download them.
Zerodha Kite for Android
- App Name: Kite by Zerodha
- Link to Download: Click Here
Zerodha Kite for iOS:
- App Name:Kite @ Zerodha
- Link to Download : Click Here
- Are Zerodha and Kite the same?
No, Zerodha is the online stock trading platform where you can register and Kite is their interface for you to make the trades.
- Is Kite Zerodha Free?
They have a minimal charging fee for joining which is INR 300 but apart from that you will have to pay either on membership but no more charges.
- Zerodha Kite app download for PC?
No, there is no Zerodha app or Zerodha Kite app for PC because you can access the both from your browser on your PC directly.
- Zerodha Kite customer care
You can reach out to the Zerodha Kite customer care on 080 47192020 or 080 71175337 mobile numbers.