WordPress Permalink is URLs which are permanent for your pages and posts, through which one can reach from their browser. Any error in these WordPress Permalink does bring Error 404 instead of showing the content on page. This issue is very commonly seen when the URL does get corrupted or the way these have been built does differ from actual structure.
The Error 404 can be resolved and posts can be back to view once you reset the WordPress Permalink. In this article we will describe the process of rest and activate permalink structure in your website to overcome the Error 404.
How to Reset and Active Permalink WordPress
These methods to reset and active WordPress Permalink can be followed when you’re not reaching your post or the content page is throwing the error. Make sure you follow these steps correctly and generate new WordPress Permalink for your selected posts.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard and access it with your credentials
- In the Navigation page, click on Settings and then go to Permalinks
- Here the WordPress Permalink setting will be clearly shown in page
- Now select Plain setting and then click on save change to make effect
- Make changes as required with day and name, and then click on save changes
- These will reset and active Permalink structure in WordPress for your posts
In many cases it has been seen that the WordPress Permalink structure has been distributed by using plugins. Thus this is needed to identify the Plugin which you have recently activated and make it disable to get link connected banks, but before do this you can have a backup of permalinks if possible. Let’s check as below
How to Reset and Activate WordPress Permalink through Plugins
- Login to the WordPress and open the Dashboard to show options
- Here click on Navigation bar and then click on Plugins options
- Select to view Installed Plugins and then select the one to deactivate
- Click on Deactivate and then refresh your WordPress to see changes