Google Authenticator is an app that provides security for your email and social media accounts to protect your financial information and sensitive data, Google Authenticator can help defend against unauthorized access attempts.
By installing Google authenticator app on your smartphone provides two-factor authentication on various Applications as per your requirement.
How does Google Authenticator Work?
Google authenticator works on multiple ways to provide additional security for online accounts. Here the working steps are given below.
- Google Authenticator supports multiple accounts within the app. You can add various online services, social media platforms, or any other accounts that support the use of Google Authenticator for authentication.
- It is essential to Backup your accounts within the app. In case you lose your smartphone or need to switch devices, you can easily restore your accounts.
- Google Authenticator relies on accurate time synchronization between your device and the server.
- Security Considerations, your smartphone with a strong passcode or biometric authentication to prevent accounts by using google Authenticator.
- Google Authenticator works by implementing one-time password.
How to Set Up Google Authenticator
To set up Google Authenticator in your gadget, follow the given steps.
- Download Google Authenticator app in play store.
- Open the Google Authenticator app.
- Tap on the Add button.
- Select Scan a barcode or Enter a provided key to add the account.
- Verify the Account with six-digit verification code for that account.
- Backup the Account by using google authenticator.
- Repeat the Process, if you need add additional accounts.
Google Authenticator New Phone
To move Google Authenticator to a new phone, follow these steps.
- Open google authenticator in your old phone.
- Disable two-factor authentication temporarily on each online account using the back-up codes.
- Open Google Authenticator Settings.
- Click on Transfer accounts to another device or Export accounts.
- Install Google Authenticator app on your new phone.
- Scan QR Codes or backup codes on your new phone.
- Verify Accounts after scanning the QR codes or entering the backup code.
- Re-enable two-factor authentication.
- Remove Google Authenticator from Old Phone.
How to Use Google Authenticator to Your Gmail Account
To use Google Authenticator for your Gmail account, follow these steps.
- Get the google Authenticator at play store.
- Open Gmail account.
- Select account settings.
- Click on Security or Security and Privacy.
- Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Select Google Authenticator for Verification Method.
- Add Your Phone as a backup option.
- Open google Authenticator app and tap on Add.
- Choose scan a barcode or QR code.
- Verify the Account with OTP.
- Backup Codes, use in case you don’t have access to your phone.
- Test the Authenticator.
From now, whenever you log in to your Gmail account, you will need to enter the verification code generated by the Google Authenticator app.
How to Use Google Authenticator to Instagram
Enabling two-factor authentication adds an additional security to your Instagram account. Follow the given Steps.
- Open Instagram app.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Two-Factor Authentication in the security settings.
- Install Google Authenticator app in play store.
- Choose an Authentication Method as Google Authenticator.
- Scan the QR Code to add a new account, provided by Instagram.
- Enter the Security Code to complete the setup.
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication to YouTube Account
Protecting your YouTube account and personal information. One effective method to enhance account security is by enabling two-factor authentication. Follow the steps for the authentication setup.
- Sign in to your Google Account. using your YouTube account credentials.
- Click on the G-account menu and then click on the security tab
- click on 2-Step Verification section and click on Get Started.
- Follow On-Screen Instructions and confirm the verification method
- Now your YouTube account will be protected by two-factor authentication.
Can I use Google Authenticator without an internet connection?
Yes, Google Authenticator does not require an internet connection.