Let’s discuss a simple method about how to turn off live caption on chrome, Android and YouTube if you don’t need it or you want to turn it off.
As we are in a busy world, we can’t find a peaceful place for doing any listening task, mainly in a public place. It may disturb our surrounding people sometimes.
The live caption helps to overcome the issue. It provides the audio translated description for grabbing the content in any place without any noisy disturbance.
It mainly assists the deaf people who can easily transfer information and it is easy to find out the accurate information which is provided by the videos through Live captions.
Why to turn off live caption
We have seen advantages of the Live caption, but it has some drawbacks too.
The live captions depends on the quality of the audio of the video and the language also depends on the speaking style of the video, we may feel a little bit of disturbance while we are watching a full action movie or video.
The live captions feature may use your battery power more, it is better to turn off the live caption if it is not in use. These are the major reasons to turn off the live Captions on different platforms.
How to Turn off Live Caption
We have different procedures to turn off the live captions on different devices such as Android and in chrome and many more.
How to turn off live caption on chrome
Check the simple steps to turn off the caption on chrome in Android mobile and web browser also.
In chrome on Android mobile
- Go to chrome app on your android device
- Click on three dotted symbolled for menu
- Tap the settings option
- Scroll down the screen and find the accessibility option
- Turn off the toggle of Captions option
Through this method we can turn off the live caption on chrome in android mobile.
In chrome on Web browser
Follow the same method that we followed for Android users through chrome.
The process has been completed successfully and now, you can’t get the live captions on chrome in web browser.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sticky Keys
How to Turn Off Live Caption on YouTube
In YouTube app we have different simple processes to turn off the caption to avoid any distractions while watching any interesting video on YouTube.
Turn off caption for a specific YouTube Video
- Open your YouTube app on your device
- Select any video which you want to turn off live captions for a particular video
- In the below menu of the video, we find CC option and sound, settings option.
- In that tap on the CC option to turn off the caption feature for a specific video.
This method helps you to turn off the live caption for a particular video you choose on YouTube.
Turn off caption for all YouTube videos
You can turn off all live captions for all YouTube video on YouTube app
- Open your YouTube app on your device such as mobile or on desktop
- Click on the profile icon and select the account settings option from the menu
- Go to playback and performance option
- Deselect the always show caption option from the drop-down menu
By this simple method you can turn off the live captions of all your YouTube videos.
Turn off live caption on Android
You can avoid the live captions of your Android podcasts and videos, and you can also delaminate the audio message live captions.
And we have an easy process to turn off the live caption on Android mobile.
Via Volume Shortcuts
- Take your Android mobile and hold the volume button until it shows volume controls on screen
- Click on the live captions button to turn off the feature
Note: we only find the Live caption option in Android 10 device and next versions of 10 android mobile device.
Via phone accessibility Settings
Here are the easy steps to turn off the live captions through the help of phone accessibility settings
- Go to settings app on your device
- Select the settings option from the menu
- Tap the accessibility option
- Search for hearing enhancements option
- Click on Live caption and then tap the use live captions and turn off the toggle of the option
Through this procedure we can turn off the live captions on Android mobile.