Firestick remote is a Popular streaming device that enables you to watch films, TV shows, and other content on your television.
The device is compact, portable, and simple to set up and use. As with any electronic device, however, the Firestick remote can occasionally malfunction. Several things can be done to try to fix your Firestick remote if it isn’t functioning.
Why is my Fire TV Remote Not Working
There are a few possible causes of a Firestick remote not working. Some of the most common causes include:
- Dead batteries
- Impediments between the remote and Firestick
- A software glitch
- A hardware problem
Firestick Remote Not Working
If your Firestick remote is not working, you can try the following steps to fix it:
Examine the batteries
Examine the batteries in your Firestick remote before attempting anything else. Ensure that they are properly implanted and that they are alive. If the batteries are defunct, you should replace them.
Move the remote closer to the Firestick
- If the batteries are not the problem, try moving the remote closer to the Firestick.
- The Firestick remote uses infrared technology to communicate with the Firestick.
- If there are too many obstacles between the remote and the Firestick, the remote may not be able to communicate with the Firestick.
Restart the Firestick
- If moving the remote closer to the Firestick does not work, try restarting the Firestick.
- To restart the Firestick, unplug it from the power outlet for a few seconds, then plug it back in.
Reset Firestick Remote
If restarting the Firestick does not work, you can try resetting the Firestick remote. To reset Firestick remote not working, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the Fire TV from the power receptacle.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Hold down the Left, Menu, and Back buttons simultaneously.
- Maintain button presses for 12 seconds.
- Let go of the keys.
- Plug your Fire TV back into the power outlet.
- Wait for your Fire TV to boot up.
Update the Firestick
The Firestick software is constantly being updated. Sometimes, these updates can cause problems with the Firestick remote.
If you are experiencing problems with your Firestick remote, try restarting the Firestick. This may fix the problem.
If restarting the Firestick does not fix the problem, you can try updating the Firestick software. To update the Firestick software, follow these steps:
- Go to the Firestick home screen.
- Select “Settings”.
- Choose “Device Options”.
- opt for “System”.
- Locate “Advanced”.
- Find “System Update”.
- Select “Check for Updates”.
FireTV Remote Not Working Additional Tips to Troubleshoot
- Ensure that your Firestick is plugged into a power outlet.
- Verify that the HDMI cable is appropriately connected to your television and Firestick.
- Consider using a different HDMI port on your TV.
- Verify moving your Firestick closer to your router.
- Try restarting your TV.
- Consider unplugging your Firestick for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
Solutions for some of the major issues on Firestick remote
Here we note down the major problems faced by users while using Firestick remote and their solutions in simple steps. Some of them are :
How to Fix Firestick not Loading Apps Problem
To solve it, follow these procedures.
- Restart your Firestick.
- Update your Firestick software.
- Clear the cache and data for the app that is not loading.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Reset your Firestick to factory defaults.
My Firestick is stuck on the Fire TV logo, What should I do?
You could try the following:
- Firstly wait a few minutes., sometimes, the Fire TV logo will disappear on its own.
- Restart your Firestick by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
- Try unplugging your Firestick for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
My Firestick remote is not working properly, Some buttons don’t function or respond slowly, What can I do?
If certain buttons on the remote are not working or responding slowly, try the following:
- Clean the remote: Remove the batteries and gently clean the buttons and the surface of the remote with a soft, dry cloth.
- Check for interference: Ensure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the Firestick, as this can affect the signal. Additionally, move other electronic devices away from the Firestick and remote to minimize interference
My Firestick remote is working, but the cursor or navigation is not moving on the screen, What can I do?
If the remote is functional but the cursor or navigation is not moving, try the following steps:
- Restart the Firestick: Unplug the Firestick from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and plug it back in.
- Check for obstacles: Ensure there are no obstacles between the remote and the Firestick that could interfere with the signal.
- Reset the remote: Remove the batteries from the remote, press and hold any button for 20 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
Contact Amazon Customer Support
If none of the following measures work, you can contact Amazon Customer Support for assistance. So they can possibly assist you in resolving the issue or provide you with a replacement remote.
I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps, but my Firestick remote is still not working. What should I do now?
If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and your Firestick remote is still not working, consider the following:
- Contact Amazon support: Reach out to Amazon customer support for further assistance and potential warranty options.
- Purchase a new remote: If your remote is out of warranty or not covered, you can purchase a new Firestick remote from Amazon or authorized retailers.
Can I use the Fire TV Remote app as an alternative if my physical remote is not working?
Yes, you can use the Fire TV Remote app on your smartphone or tablet as an alternative to the physical remote. Install the app on your mobile device, ensure that it is connected to the same network as your Firestick, and follow the on-screen instructions to control your Firestick.