Are you tired of trying to explain something on your iPhone to someone else, only to have them ask you to send them a screenshot iPhone or perhaps you just want to save a moment from your phone for posterity.
Either way, taking a screenshot on an iPhone is a super easy and useful skill to have. It only takes a few seconds and can save you so much time and hassle in the long run. Plus, with the advances in technology, the process is even simpler now than it has ever been before.
In this article, we will show you a stepbystep process on how to screenshot on iPhone as shown below. So follow the below instructions and steps to understand how easy it is to take a screenshot on an iPhone easily.
How to take Screenshot in iPhone with Buttons
- Navigate to the screen that you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Home button (the circular button at the bottom of your phone).
- Quickly press the Power button (the lock button on the side of your phone).
- Release both buttons.
- You will see a flash on your screen and hear a camera shutter sound, indicating that a screenshot has been taken.
- The screenshot will be automatically saved to your Photos app.
- You can view, edit, and share the screenshot from there.
Note: On newer iPhone models (such as the iPhone X, XS, and newer), the power button is replaced with a side button. To take a screenshot on these models, press and hold the side button and the volume up button simultaneously.
You can use the AssistiveTouch feature to take a screenshot on an iPhone as shown below.
iPhone Screenshot with AssistiveTouch Feature
- Go to the Settings app and select General.
- Scroll down and select Accessibility.
- Scroll down and select AssistiveTouch.
- Toggle AssistiveTouch on.
- A small white dot will appear on your screen. Tap it to open the AssistiveTouch menu.
- Select Device >> More >> Screenshot
- The screenshot will be saved to your Photos app.
How to TurnOn Voice Control to Take Screenshot in iPhone
Alternatively, you can use the Voice Control feature to take a screenshot by saying Screenshot. To turn on Voice Control
- Go to the Settings app
- Select General
- Click Accessibility
- Tap Voice Control
- Toggle Voice Control on
How do you screenshot on an iPhone without the button?
You can take a screenshot on an iPhone without the button by using AssistiveTouch feature or by using Voice Control feature.
How do you screenshot on an iPhone 12?
To screenshot on an iPhone 12, press and hold the side button and volume up button at the same time. The screen will flash and the image will be saved to your Photos app.
Why can't I take a screenshot on my iPhone?
Your device might be frozen or unresponsive. In this case, you might need to restart your device to fix the issue. Else your device might be locked, You need to unlock your device before taking a screenshot.