Using multiple home screens on iPhone and iPad allows you to organize your apps and content more efficiently. It gives you the flexibility to group related apps together and access them easily.
The detailed information on how to use or set up multiple home screens on your iPhone and iPad also provides other information. Please take a look below.
How to Setup Multiple Home Screens from iPhone Lock Screen
You can setup multiple home screens directly from the lock screen in iPhone is not possible. The process of setting up multiple home screens requires you to be on the home screen itself, where you can rearrange and organize your apps.
The lock screen only provides limited access to certain features and notifications, but it does not allow you to modify or set up multiple home screens.
How to Setup Multiple Home Screens from iPhone Settings App
To set up multiple Home screens on your iPhone, you will need to follow the below steps.
- Open your iPhone And Go to your home screen.
- Long press the home screen with two fingers to zoom out and display all your home screens.
- Click on the “+” (plus) icon at the top-right corner to add a new home screen.
- Now you can rearrange the home screens, move apps between them, create app folders, and customize their layout as mentioned in the previous settings.
Note that, these steps should be performed if you are on the home screen, not from the lock screen.
How to Add or Create New and Rearrange Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
To Add or Create new and Rearrange the home screen pages on your iPhone or iPad, follow these given steps.
- Open your iPhone or iPad and go to the home screen.
- Long press any one app on the home screen.
- Select “+” at the top-right corner of the screen.
- The new home screen page will be added, to access the new home screen page,
- Swipe left or right on your device’s screen. You can continue swiping to switch between different home screen pages.
- To rearrange the order of your home screen pages, long-press any home screen and drag it to the desired position.
- Release your finger to drop it in the new location.
- Repeat the above steps to add more home screen pages as needed.
- Once you have finished rearranging the home screen pages, press the home button to exit the edit mode.
Note that, if you have folders on your home screen pages, moving a home screen page will also move the associated folders and their contents.
You can add new home screen pages on your iPhone and iPad. This allows you to organize your apps and content across multiple screens, providing you with more space to customize and access your apps easily.
How to Hide Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
To hide home screen pages on iPhones and iPad, follow the given steps below.
- Go to the home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
- Long press on a home to enter the edit mode.
- In edit mode, you can move apps and folders to rearrange them across your home screen pages. Place the apps and folders you want to hide on a less frequently used home screen page.
- If you want to create a blank home screen page, move all the apps and folders to the subsequent pages and leave one page empty.
- To exit the edit mode and return to the normal view, press the Home button in iPhone and iPad.
By following these steps, you can minimize the visibility of specific home screen pages on your iPhone and iPad.
How to Change Home Screen Pages With Focus Automatically
There is no built-in feature for this option, You can manually customize your home screen pages and apps based on different iPhone Focus modes to your preference and needs. The details will be given below.
- Go to the home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
- Long press on a home screen, edit option will be open.
- In edit mode, You can create multiple home screen pages with different sets of apps and folders to cater to different Focus modes.
- Swipe left or right on your device’s screen. To switch different home screen pages.
- If you want to change to a specific Focus mode, manually swipe to the corresponding home screen page that contains the apps and folders with that mode.
- You can manually change your home screen pages based on different Focus modes.
How to Create or Remove Different Home Screens on iPad
To create different home screens on an iPad, follow the below steps.
- Go to the home screen on iPad.
- Tap and hold any app icon on the home screen until the icons start vibrating.
- Drag that app icon to the right edge of the screen. This action will create a new home screen page.
- Continue the process to create additional home screen pages as you want.
- On each home screen page, you can arrange the app icons, create folders, and add widgets to personalize the layout and organization.
- To remove a home screen page, enter the edit mode by tapping and holding an app icon until the icons start vibrating. Then, tap on the “-” (minus) sign on the top-left corner of the home screen page you want to remove.
Note that the process may slightly vary depending on the iOS version and these steps should generally work on the most recent versions of iOS.