Are you a food lover and want to enjoy your hot sunny day with something really sweet and good to drink? If yes, then you should enjoy making Lassi because the most traditional lassi recipe is sweet lassi that is not only loved by everyone but is very easy to make as well.
In this recipe, we will talk about how to make Lassi at home with less than a few ingredients which is both cost effective and really easy to make as well.
Different Types of Lassi – List of Lassi Types
Before we proceed to learn about the traditional and most common lassi type and the process to make it. Let us also learn about different types of Lassis that we have and can make as well.
- Sweet Lassi
- Salted Lassi
- Masala Lassi
- Kesar Lassi
- Mango Lassi
- Chocolate Lassi
- Strawberry Lassi
- Banana Lassi and more.
How to Make Lassi
Let us walk you through the key process along with the ingredients required in making a Lassi.
- Take whole milk curd also known as Yogurt and make sure to keep it in fridge for at least 2-3 hours so it becomes cold and stiff
- Take 8 – 10 Cardamoms, remove their husk by gently grinding on them and then grind the seed to a fine powder
- Take the curd or Yogurt in a bowl and then whisk it until it becomes smooth
- Add 4 to 5 tea spoons of sugar in the curd or yogurt
- Pour either cold water or milk depending on the thickness of the Lassi you want
- Now whisk the curd or yogurt until the sugar added is disposed and you should see a froth on the top layer
- Add at least 1 tablespoon of crushed Cardamom seeds powder and few strands of kesar for the flavor
Finally you have created the most common and the traditional lassi flavor that everyone would love to enjoy when sipping and drinking at your home.
How to Make Lassi With Yogurt
You can make Lassi with Yogurt by whisking it to a smooth texture in a bowl, then add sugar up to 4 to 5 tablespoons and then whisk them until the sugar dippers and front appear on top. Finally add 1 tablespoon of cardamom and some kesar on top of the lassi.
How to Make Sweet Lassi
You can either use whole milk curd or yogurt in a bowl, whisk until it becomes a smooth texture and add 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar and then whisk until the sugar disappears leaving a front on the top.