Use AirDrop to share and receive apps, photos, documents, and files or data with other Apple devices that are nearby.
In this article, we provide detailed information about various topics i.e., how to AirDrop from iPhone to MAC or iPad or reverse the scenario and how to share and how to adjust the settings. please take a look.
How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac
To AirDrop files from an iPhone to Mac, follow the below steps.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for both your iPhone and Mac.
- On your iPhone, open the app or location from which you want to share files. For example, if you want to share a photo, open the Photos app.
- Select the file you want to AirDrop and Tap on the share button.
- From the available devices list, tap on your Mac’s name to transfer.
- On your Mac, a notification will appear, click on “Accept” to receive the files.
- After that your files will be transferred successfully from iphone to mac.
AirDrop on Mac
To perform AirDrop on your Mac, follow the steps below.
- Check that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on and active on your Mac.
- Click on the Finder icon in the Dock or Applications folder.
- In the Finder window, click on Go and then select AirDrop from the menu or you can press Command + Shift + R on your keyboard to open AirDrop directly.
- Set AirDrop visibility in the AirDrop settings and Click on the visibility setting you prefer.
- If this is the first time you’re using AirDrop on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password to authenticate your account.
- By using AirDrop you can successfully transfer or receive the data or files.
- After the successful setup Exit the AirDrop window.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
To AirDrop files from Mac to iPhone, follow the given steps.
- Enable that WiFi and Bluetooth for both your Mac and iPhone.
- On your Mac, clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock to open it.
- Click on Go and select AirDrop, showing its visibility and waiting for other devices to appear.
- On your iPhone, open the app or location where you want to receive the files.
- On your Mac, select the files you want to share or drag and drop the files into the AirDrop window.
- Click on your iPhone’s icon to initiate the AirDrop transfer.
- On your iPhone, you will receive a notification, tap on the notification to accept the AirDrop transfer.
AirDrop is only available on Apple devices. For other platforms, alternative methods or apps may be used for file sharing.
How to Adjust AirDrop Settings
To adjust AirDrop settings on your Apple devices, you can follow these steps.
There are several Apple devices, individual settings in each device are shown below.
Adjust AirDrop Settings on iPhone or iPad
- Open the Control Center on your device to access it.
- Press and hold the network settings box.
- Tap on the AirDrop icon and you will get three options.
- Receiving Off- This option disables the AirDrop and prevents your device from receiving files from others.
- Contacts Only- With this option, only people in your contacts list will be able to see your device.
- Everyone- This option allows anyone nearby to see your device and send files.
- confirm the process with your selected option.
Adjust AirDrop Settings On Mac
- Click on the Finder icon to open it in the Dock on Mac.
- In the menu bar, click on Go and then select AirDrop name shown from the menu.
- In the AirDrop window, you will see a ‘Allow me to be discovered by:’ with three options. They are, Off, Contacts Only and Everyone.
- select the option you want and confirm the process.
How to Airdrop from iPhone or iPad
AirDrop is a feature available on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Mac. To perform an airdrop, you can follow the below simple steps.
- Prepare the files or content that you want to airdrop, this include documents, photos, videos, or any other compatible files.
- Turn on AirDrop on both your device and the recipient’s device. On iOS devices, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center and tap on the AirDrop icon to enable it. On a Mac, open Finder and click on AirDrop to enable.
- Maintain the recipient Device in close range to your device.
- On your device, Select the files you want to share and Tap on the share button and select the AirDrop option.
- From the available devices list, select the device of the recipient.
- On the recipient’s device, a notification will appear. Tap on Accept to receive the files.
- after that, your files or data will be transferred successfully.