Google offers a powerful tool known as Find My Device Google that allows you to locate, lock, or erase your lost Android smartphone or tablet. The option Google Find My Device can make all the difference in safeguarding your data and potentially recovering your device.
Google Find My Device
Find My Device Google is a service that allows you to locate, ring, or wipe your Android device from the web or an app.
It works with any Android device that has location capabilities and is connected to the internet. You can use it to find your lost or stolen phone, tablet, or smartwatch.
Google recently announced that it will expand its Find My Device service to work with devices that are offline or do not have location features. It will use a network of nearby Android devices to detect and report the approximate location of your device.
This will make it easier to find your device even if it is in a remote area or has no GPS signal. You can opt in or out of this network in your device settings.
How to Setup Google Find My Device
To set up your device with Google, you can follow these steps.
- Turn on your device and open the Settings app.
- Select Accounts.
- Tap on Add account.
- Select Google.
- Pick Create account.
- Follow on-screen instructions by entering your personal information, selecting a username, etc.
- Tap on the I Agree button to create your Google account.
You can also check whether you have a Google Account by entering your email address. If you don’t have a Google Account, you can create one.
Find My Device Android
To active Google Find My Device on Android there are two methods using settings and Mobile app, here are the steps to follow.
By Using Settings
- Turn ON your Device and open Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Google
- Select Find My Device option.
- Make the Toggle into ON position to Activate the Find My Device.
By Using Mobile App
- Download and Install the Find My Device app.
- Login with your Google account.
- Enable the App permissions and Location.
- Successfully your Find My Device app may set.
Also Read: Find My Phone Samsung
How to Active Find My Device Google on PC
To active Find My Device on Desktop or laptop, just follow the simple steps.
- Turn on your computer and open Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Click on Find My Device.
- Make the Toggle into ON position.
Find My Device
Follow the below steps to Find Lost Phone using Find My Device option.
- On a browser, Click here to open the link https://android.com/find
- On a Mobile, Download and Install the Find My Device app.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Your google account linked devices shown in the list.
- Tap on Lost phone and click on Directions. You will get directions to the lost phone.
- And also Click on the play sound option to check your lost phone location is nearby you or not.
Note:– To find your lost phone using Find My Device your mobile should have the Mobile, internet connection and location in ON position.
How to Delete or Erase Data on Lost Phone on Android
To delete or erase data on lost phone on android, follow the below steps.
- Download and Install the Find My Device app on another android phone.
- Sign in with your google account or sign in as guest.
- you will see a lost phone device name and select that.
- Select Erase Device option.
- Enter your Password and confirm your password again.
(or) and also, Tap on settings symbol in right side bottom.
- Select Factory Reset and enter your Password to confirm.
- Your lost phone data may erased.
Note – Make sure that your lost phone will have the Find My Device Turned ON and connected to a Mobile data or WiFi and also location will be in ON position.
Is Find my device available for iOS devices?
No, Find My Device specifically designed for Android devices.
What should I do if I can’t locate my device using Find My Device?
If you can’t locate your device, you may want to check if it’s still connect to the internet, ensure location services enabled, and ensure you may signed in with the correct Google account. If you believe your device stolen, you should also consider reporting it to local law enforcement.
Can I track multiple Android devices with Find My Device?
Yes, you can track and manage multiple Android devices associated with the same Google account using Find My Device.