Apple ID is associated with a single user and should be kept secure to protect your personal information and the privacy of your Apple-related activities.
deleting your Apple ID will result in the loss of access to all Apple services, including the App Store, iCloud, Apple Music, and any purchases or content associated with your account.
Done back up any important data before proceeding. In this article, we provide full details About the deletion of Apple ID and iCloud accounts and also other topics. Please take a look.
What is Apple ID
Apple ID is an account that allows you to access various Apple services and devices, such as the App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud, Apple Music, and more. It serves as your personal identification for interacting with Apple’s ecosystem.
To create an Apple ID, you should enter your email address and password, which you will use to sign in and authenticate your Apple devices and services.
By using Apple ID, you can purchase and download apps, music, movies, and books from the App Store and iTunes Store.
It also enables you to use iCloud, Apple’s cloud storage to store your files, photos, contacts, and other data securely. Additionally, your Apple ID allows you to access services like iMessage, FaceTime, and Apple Pay.
Apple ID is specific to Apple devices and services and is separate from other online accounts, such as email or social media accounts.
Delete Apple ID and iCloud Account
Deleting your Apple ID and iCloud account is a permanent action that cannot be undone.
To delete your Apple ID account, you can follow the given below steps.
- Check all the data associated with your Apple ID Login, such as contacts, photos, emails, and app data, and back up any information you want to keep.
- Sign out of your Apple ID on all devices for security purposes.
- If you have any active subscriptions to your Apple ID, cancel them.
- Open a web browser and go to the Apple ID account management page.
- Enter your Apple ID email and password to sign in. Once signed in, click on the “Data & Privacy” section.
- In the Data & Privacy section, click on “Delete Your Account” and tap on “Continue” to proceed.
- Apple will provide you with important details about deleting your account.
- Select a reason from the provided options and confirm the deletion.
- Depending on your account settings, Apple may require you to verify your identity through email, phone, or security questions.
- After the successful verification, Apple will confirm the deletion of your account.
Apple imposes a waiting period of up to seven days before your account is permanently deleted.
During this time, you have the opportunity to cancel the deletion request if you change your mind. If you didn’t do any action for your account, it will be permanently deleted within seven days.
Delete Apple ID Account
Deactivating an Apple ID account is not a built-in option provided by Apple. If you want to deactivate your account, you can follow the below steps.
- Sign out of all devices including iPhones, iPads, Macs, and any other devices that are linked to your account.
- Remove personal information.
- Cancel any active subscriptions linked to your Apple ID to prevent future charges.
- Contact Apple Support for further assistance. Explain your problem and request the deactivation of your account. They will guide you through additional steps to fulfill the deactivation request.
Your Apple ID and its related information will remain stored on Apple’s servers. If you want your account and data to be permanently deleted, you should follow the instructions provided earlier on how to delete your Apple ID account.
What happens When you Delete Apple ID
When you delete your Apple ID, you have to face several consequences. Here is the options for what happens when you delete your Apple ID.
- Deleting your Apple ID means you will lose access to all Apple services associated with that account.
- Loss of purchased content, if Any apps, music, movies, books, or other digital content purchased with your Apple ID will no longer be accessible.
- Deleting your Apple ID will result in the loss of all data stored in your iCloud account, such as contacts, photos, documents, emails, calendar events, and other files.
- After deleting your Apple ID, you won’t be able to locate or manage your Apple devices using these services.
- Once your Apple ID is deleted, you will no longer be able to use iMessage and FaceTime with that Apple ID.
- Loss of payment information, if Any credit cards, debit cards, or other payment methods associated with your Apple ID will be removed.
Note that before deleting your Apple ID please Backup or secure your important files or data.
Steps to do Before Deleting Apple ID
Before deleting your Apple ID, you should follow few important steps, they are as shown in below.
- Back up your data important data associated with your Apple ID. This includes contacts, photos, documents, emails, calendar events, and any other data stored in iCloud.
- You can back up your data to your computer, an external hard drive, or another cloud storage service.
- If you have purchased any apps, music, movies, books, or other digital content through your Apple ID.
- Make sure to download and save copies of them to your devices or computer.
- Cancel any active subscriptions to your Apple ID.
- Save important files and documents.
- Remove your Apple ID from devices and services
- Update your contact information.